To: "Markus Moeller" <hua...@moeller.plus.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2010 1:54 PM
Subject: Re: [squid-users] Re: Kerberos-authentication and ntlm-fallback
with AD-group-membership-checking

Hi Markus

I think, that the output from the log with just the username instead
of "netbios-name\username" is because of the setting "winbind use
default domain = yes" in the smb.conf.

The debug-output is this:
2010/07/08 07:13:39| squid_kerb_ldap: Got User: user1 Domain: NULL
2010/07/08 07:13:39| squid_kerb_ldap: Default group loop: gr...@domain
Internet us...@null
2010/07/08 07:13:39| squid_kerb_ldap: Found gr...@domain Internet us...@null
2010/07/08 07:13:39| squid_kerb_ldap: User user1 is not member of
gr...@domain Internet us...@null
2010/07/08 07:13:39| squid_kerb_ldap: ERR

For my question:
Is it necessary to have winbindd runnning for authentication our
IE6-clients with ntlm? Or can I handle this without a
winbind-domain-join? Just with squid_kerb_ldap?

Thank you.
Regards
Tom