On 05/03/2011 06:40, christ...@wanxp.com wrote:

On 2/5/2011 11:26 AM, Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
On 05/03/2011 06:16, christ...@wanxp.com wrote:

Dear,

i installed and run 2 squid2.7 in same machine for balance CPU load (quadcore proc). my question are can i do sibling between 2 squid in same machine for sharing cache ? will it cause any problem in future ? any1 have experience bout this issue ?

Regards,

Kristian
it seems like a good idea.
if you will bind every squid instance to other ip address or you cand bind each one of them to a loopback interface with a mask of 32 bit
i think you can manage theoretically to make it work.
i never tried it and if it can work then i think i will do some use of this.

but my question is: how do i bind an instance to a specific cpu\core?

Dear,

i`m not expert for this issue but i think we cant specific the core for squid. it will run automaticly. 1 squid only can take 1 core. if i run 2 squid it will take 2 core ( using command "top" to view ).

i tried SIBLING (htcp) and it worked , but i just want to know will it cause any trouble like unlimited loopback or memory leak or something like that. i hope any1 can explain it better for me.

Regards,

Kristian
What do you mean by unlimited loopback? if it works then i think loopback is your last problem. as far as i understand memory leaks will stay the same with one instance and two.

i understand you compiled them yourself to make the instances with different settings? directories? etc..

Thanks Eliezer