On 05/04/11 22:41, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
* Helmut Hullen<hul...@t-online.de>:
Hallo, Ralf,

Du meintest am 05.04.11:

1) squid won't start, since it complains about a missing
/usr/share/squid3/icons    directory

2) Once I mkdir'ed that directory, squid will start, but it keeps
crashing:

2011/04/05 11:56:50| mimeLoadIconFile:
/usr/share/squid3/icons/anthony-image.gif: (2) No such file or
directory

The path has changed.
"squid3" sounds like a version which is "corrected" from a distribution
- which distribution do you use?

None. I built it from the source.

Have you changed "/etc/squid/mime.conf" too?

I'm using /etc/squid3 for config parameters.
Indeed, I didn't change that file...

3.2.0.6 has a fix for the mime.conf issues that hit 3.2.0.5. The old icons are moved to the new location (/var/www/squid/icons) so the names in the old mime.conf can be loaded. This also resolves issues with local customizations in mime.conf.

But it can break if there is a patch altering the default setting of icon_directory, or an explicit squid.conf entry for that directive, or any alternative local hack added to fix 3.2.0.5 still in place.

the halfClosedReader crash is currently being tracked down and a patch is about to hit the squid-dev mailing list. See the audit submission email there for more details.

Please be using
  Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.6