Amos,

This is a great info about how squid handles DNSes.

I used to get confused when in some rare cases squid log was showing IPv6
addresses.

This e-mail clears it all. Also good note about timeouts used.

I think you must add the content of your reply at:

Features/IPv6 - http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/IPv6

As that is the first place people try to find issues related to IPv4/IPv6.

OR put a link to this e-mail in above article:
Link - http://marc.info/?l=squid-users&m=135597043111104&w=2
(could not find e-mail at squid-cache mail archives [will happen tonight I
suppose])

Thanks and regards,

Amm.