I had reported this bug earlier in Dec 2012 but probably went unnoticed in
squid-dev group

http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-dev/201212/0099.html

So just re-posting as it still exists in stable branch 3.3.1

Hello,

I get following when using squid 3.3.1.
2013/02/13 08:57:33 kid1| assertion failed: Checklist.cc:287: "!needsAsync &&
!matchFinished"

Squid restarts after this.

The culprit acl line seems to be this:
acl noaccess dstdom_regex -i "/etc/squid/noaccess"

This happens only when URL is IP based instead of domain based.
i.e. http://1.2.3.4

Squid acl reference has this note for dstdom_regex:

# For dstdomain and dstdom_regex a reverse lookup is tried if a IP
# based URL is used and no match is found. The name "none" is used
# if the reverse lookup fails

So I suppose 3.3.1 is trying to do reverse lookup and some kind of assertion
fails.

This bug does not exist in 3.2 as I did not notice it happening in 3.2

So please fix it.

Regards,

AMM