----- Original Message -----

This may be offtopic. I do not know.

I may also sound stupid. But is it possible that both workers will occupy same
CPU?

Or is it that operating system takes care of it? Or does squid take care of it?

If OS, how does OS (atleast Linux) do it? Does it alternate CPU for every new
process.

Lets say I have two cores and I use "workers 2" in squid.conf.

Squid forks 1st worker and it lands on 1st core.
But in between some other process starts (or forks) which lands on 2nd core
Now squid forks 2nd worker and lands on 1st again?!

Is this possible? (kind of race condition)

Thanks and regards,

Amm.