Hi there,

I configured my squid.conf to generate a second access log but using the client request size (%>st) in place of the response size (%<st):

logformat upload %ts.%03tu %6tr %>a %Ss/%03>Hs %>st %rm %ru %[un %Sh/%<a %mt
access_log stdio:/var/log/squid/upload.log logformat=upload
access_log stdio:/var/log/squid/access.log

My goal was to use sarg to generate a report for upload sizes alongside the standard report wich contains only download sizes.

The reports looks ok for regular web browsing (download sizes much larger than upload sizes) but after I uploaded some big files to google drive the reports still doesn't show a significant increase in upload sizes.

I also run darkstat on the server and it shows the expected increase for "Out" traffic.

So, why aren't my upload.log showing uploads to google drive? Is this supposed to work at all, or do I need some trick for squid?

[]s, Fernando Lozano