Hi all,

I've gotten OpenSSH 2.9p2 compiled and installed on Linux of various flavours
here.

One of the linux servers needs a client system to be able to connect to it
and upload/download a file every now and again (for backup purposes).

I have scp setup on the client such that it correctly transfer's the file,
authenticating using the publickey method.

What I'd like to do however, is disallow the client from being able to run
anything other than scp.  i.e.  I'd like the client to be able to connect
with scp, but not with sftp nor ssh.

I can probably turn off sftp through commenting out it's subsytem line in
sshd_config, but how to I stop allowing someone from logging into the server
via ssh, as the authentication keys are stored on the client machine
(~/.ssh/id_dsa)?

My initial attempt was creating a blank shell which did nothing but main () {
return 0}, but then neither ssh, sftp, nor scp works.

Anybody have any better ideas?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift