Great Joe!

I have an axle pump made by a friend that I have just completed installing. It works like a charm, now I have to learn to adjust the feed valve so that it keeps the boiler filling at the right rate. The outlet on the bottom of the tender also takes a squirt bottle tube which is ideal. There is also a cylinder drain cock.

Unfortunately these pumps are not available from my source, but I hope to have the Lion in Diamondhead.

Incidentally the Pasadena Rose Parade came through--at least Honda did. There was a beautiful 4-8-4 (Northern) and it was so realistic--steam coming from the cyl drain cocks and a "leaky" piston rod packing. The best Parade ever-- we are not alone!! Hope some of you watched it.

Geoff.

Hello,

We ran the Lion for the first time this morning. It needs a few more hours to get broken in. Since our three little kids kept us going all day yesterday, we did not uncork the champagne last night. So we had some upon the successful run of the Lion. Works for me!

It is quite an interactive loco without an axle pump. It looks at home on a garden line.

Happy New Year,
Joe