Unfortunately, life's priorities got in the way I did not run the engine for about two years. I left a little water in the boiler, thinking why let it go to waste when I'll be raising steam the next weekend. Well, that next weekend turned out to be this weekend.

I bought a large bottle of distilled white vinegar from Costco and went through half of it before switching to distilled water to flush it out. While running on vinegar, the color of the fluid in the sight glass turned a clear green. Within an hour, all seemed normal in the sight glass.

I'll be putting the engine through its paces again today to flush out whatever precipitate remains from the vinegar wash.

Regards,
Joe