John, a Slcomb drill is just a plain center drill / counter sink bit. The
first ones were sold by the Slocomb firm....I think in Boston. It is along
the lines where the British folks call all vacuum cleaners "hoovers." Or we
Americans calling tissues "Kleenex." Just a brand name.
Keith
P.S. When LBSC refers to a "slot drill" he's talking about a two flute mill.