Hi Pete,

Thanks for the info.  This may help with my attempts to quieten a couple of my
engines. (Made in America, built in China).  A Shay was made to run quietly by
fitting an 8 mm burner into it with holes, not slots. It takes a little longer
to get on the boil, but runs longer when hot.
1)  My pulsations were not at a constant rate. and 2) they stopped when I
cooled the gas tank!. very definitely temperature has to do with this problem.
Maybe also the tank form?  I have fitted a new tank of different form and set
it in the rear of the engines side tank with a large part protruding into the
cab. The problem is solved for this engine. I wanted to keep the original gas
tank if I can (the engine is old) So if I can solve the problem - or have it
solved! I can keep my restoration project unchanged.

As I wrote in my last mail All of this model engines suffered with pulsating
burners. Usually toward the end of the run. The information is reliable.  I
have had some very good and unusual cures offered. One was to try a piece of a
cigarette filter in the jet holder.  I will be trying some of the suggested
cures to see if I do get a solution.  I'm about to start on a new project :
this time a Ulysses  Also very old and down at the heal. I may have luck here
as well.

Thank you again, I'm learning a lot .

Regards

Bert