On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 09:45:08AM -0500, Stephen Gallagher wrote:

> Patch 0001: Use a version.m4 file instead of VERSION to set the version
> and prerelease version. This is done so that automake/autoconf will
> automatically detect changes to the file and process them accordingly,
> rather than manually being forced to rerun autoreconf if you change the
> version/prerelease version.
>
> Patch 0002: Add a 'prerelease-srpms' target to the toplevel Makefile if
> it is a git checkout. This will allow us to easily generate the n-v-r
> for the prerelease version of the SRPMs, as is done on the various
> automated builders.
>
> Patch 0003: Add a 'prerelease-rpms' target to the toplevel Makefile to
> automatically set the n-v-r when building local RPMs.

NACK

I think there is a patch missing which updates:

common/configure.ac:        m4_esyscmd([cat ../VERSION |head -n1 | tr -d '\n']),
server/configure.ac:        m4_esyscmd([cat ../VERSION |head -n1 | tr -d '\n']),
sss_client/configure.ac:        m4_esyscmd([cat ../VERSION |head -n1 | tr -d
'\n']),

bye,
Sumit