I'm working on the Board resolution based on the following page:

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#tlp-resolution

and I have a few issues I need help with. I'm hoping that our
mentors can give us guidance here, although I certainly encourage
everyone else, most of all committers, to read through this and
provide feedback.

1. Official project name: Apache C++ Standard Library

I have always assumed that the official name of our project is
the Apache C++ Standard Library, and that STDCXX is an "acronym"
or "keyword" (e.g., the same way APR is to the Apache Portable
Runtime Project). I'm not 100% sure that everyone shares the
same view so I'm looking for a confirmation that "Apache C++
Standard Library" is an acceptable name to use in the resolution.
(The attached proposed resolution assumes the answer is
affirmative.)

2. Composition of the initial PMC.

At the moment, our index page lists 11, and soon hopefully 13
committers, plus 3 mentors (see
http://incubator.apache.org/stdcxx/#committers):

  1. Andrew Black        (PPMC member)
  2. Heidi Buelow        (PPMC member, Emeritus)
  3. Lance Diduck
  4. John Hollis         (Emeritus)
  5. Amit Jindal         (PPMC member)
  6. Liviu Nicoara       (PPMC member)
  7. Ravi Palepu         (Emeritus)
  8. Anton Pevtsov       (PPMC member)
  9. Martin Sebor        (PPMC member)
 10. Tim Triemstra       (PPMC member)
 11. Farid Zaripov       (PPMC member)
 12. Mark Brown          (pending IPMC approval)
 13. Eric Lemings        (pending IPMC approval)
 14. Ben Laurie          (Mentor)
 15. William Rowe, Jr.   (Mentor)
 16. Justin Erenkrantz   (Mentor)

First, I'm sure everyone agrees with me that Bill and Justin have
been a great help and that it would be a privilege to have both
of you on the PMC. The question is, busy as I'm sure you are, do
either of you wish not to be on it? (The attached proposed
resolution assumes the answer is no, i.e., both Bill and Justin
are on the PMC -- please speak up if that's not the case.)

Second, I assume that in general, the entire podling's PPMC
becomes the (proposed) PMC by default. The question I have about
our PPMC is: do PMC members who are in the status of Emeritus
fall into the same category? (The attached proposed resolution
assumes the answer is yes.)

Finally, the attached proposed resolution assumes that the IPMC
approves both Brad and Mark as the new committers. I intend to
wait to submit the proposal until the IMPC vote on their commit
access has closed. If anyone thinks we should not wait please
speak up.

3. Vice President (PMC Chair?)

The Board resolution must nominate a Vice President for top level
projects. First, is this the same thing as the PMC Chair (see the
definition below)? Second, we need to nominate someone for this
office. Unless someone would like to volunteer for this post or
unless we need to go through a formal vote process, I would be
happy to volunteer for the office. (The attached proposed
resolution has my name in that role.)

http://apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#pmc-chair

Thanks
Martin
--- Begin Message ---
Establish the Apache C++ Standard Library project:

  WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best interests
  of the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's purpose to
  establish a Project, to be known as "Apache C++ Standard Library",
  a portable implementation of the C++ Standard library as specified
  in ISO/IEC 14882, International Standard for Programming Languages
  -- C++, for distribution at no charge to the public.

  NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management Committee
  (PMC), to be known as the Apache C++ Standard Library Project
  Management Committee, is hereby established pursuant to Bylaws of
  the Foundation; and be it further

  RESOLVED, that the Apache C++ Standard Library PMC be and hereby
  is charged with the creation and maintenance of "Apache C++
  Standard Library"; and be it further

  RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache C++ Standard
  Library" be and hereby is created, the person holding such office
  to serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
  of the Apache C++ Standard Library PMC, and to have primary
  responsibility for management of the projects within the scope
  of responsibility of the Apache C++ Standard Library PMC; and be
  it further

  RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and hereby
  are appointed to serve as the initial members of the Apache C++
  Standard Library PMC:

  *  Andrew Black <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  *  Anton Pevtsov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  *  Amit Jindal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  *  Eric Lemings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  *  Heidi Buelow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  *  Farid Zaripov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  *  Justin Erenkrantz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  *  Liviu Nicoara <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  *  Mark Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  *  Martin Sebor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  *  Tim Triemstra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  *  William A. Rowe, Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

  NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Martin Sebor be
  appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache ServiceMix,
  to serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of
  the Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until
  death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
  or until a successor is appointed; and be it further

  RESOLVED, that the Apache C++ Standard Library Project be and
  hereby is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the
  Apache C++ Standard Library podling; and be it further

  C++ Standard Library podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
  PMC are hereafter discharged.

--- End Message ---