Hi Thorsten and all,

On 03/09/2022 11:24, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
Hi Andreas, all,

Andreas Mantke wrote:
Am 02.09.22 um 18:47 schrieb Andras Timar:
Just for the record, the incriminated code is used solely by the iOS
app (Collabora Office). Are there other iOS apps that broke because of
the lool->cool change? As far as I'm concerned there aren't any. It's
good that we discussed the issue at length, and will have a vendor
neutral message handler name finally. ;)
I'd appreciate if you read my message completely. And I'd be curious if
there is common opinion among you and your colleagues. Currently I'm a
bit puzzled.

Let's please assume good intentions on all sides.

We surely assume good intentions from all and that wasn't at all put in doubt.

TTBOMK, there's
indeed currently only Collabora providing binaries for iOS.

OK so there is a misunderstanding?

Reading Andreas emails I had the impression that the handler (lool/cool/lok) in question isn't only used by Collabora's iOS products but also other "downstream consumer projects".

Did I get it completely wrong?

But honestly, that's all besides the point, and this entire thread is
dealing with the issue from the wrong end.

I surely do not have the skills and the experience to deal with the development end of this thread but it's good to learn more about the interaction between LibreOffice core and other projects.

There is probably a code/technological side but also a policies/projects interaction end that the board might need to evaluate so that downstream projects do not suffer if changes in core aren't properly notified and coordinated.

And **only** if that fails, it's justified to consume more board &
member's time here. Right now, there's purely technical matters to be
solved.

As above, it doesn't seem to be purely a technical matter so, unless I missed some documents/policies, there seems to be a need to have a clear coordination so that changes do not affect current and future projects and LibreOffice Technology's based consumers/providers.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten
Ciao

Paolo

--
Paolo Vecchi - Member of the Board of Directors