Hi Simon,

Am 31.10.22 um 01:38 schrieb Simon Phipps:
I would suggest you "look down the telescope the other way" and ask what the Board's actions (or rather the lack of them) tell us about the existence of a CoI.
With regard to PI/CoI (personal interest / conflict of interest) it's an interesting approach to "abuse" a telescope that is originally designed to see things more clearly. Being a child I had fun to see things far away "having looked down the telescope the other way round". Nowadays I prefer to use it the right way in order to get the macro effect without neglecting the whole picture.

weaponising CoI
Sorry, Simon, but IMHO I don't think this is the right wording.
PI and, if there are, resulting CoI's are clearly defined and written down in all the paperwork TDF has established and agreed to or in binding German laws. Not explaining a conflict, IMO, doesn't mean that it does not actually exist. Otherwise that would be too trivial.

Cheers
Stephan

--
Stephan Ficht, Member of the Board of Trustees
Affiliation: The Document Foundation