Hi Andreas, dear list,

Andreas Mantke wrote:
> Am 29.03.23 um 15:58 schrieb Cor Nouws:
> > A personal interest is not a conflict of interest which in general is
> > not a reason to abstain from discussing topics.
> >
> sorry to be very clear here: I've never read or heard such nonsense
> inside other communities, I'm active in.

Whether you like it or not, what Cor states is within the rules the
board operates under:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/BoD_rules (in particular, the
current CoI policy).

> I think the documents, linked by Paolo in his email on this list,
> should show, that all members with a personal interest had to keep
> out of any discussion (and decision) of the corresponding topics.

That might be your personal opinion, but since TDF is not an EU
institution, we operate under slightly different rules. Paolo knows
this, and has personally participated in discussion around LibreOffice
Online (where he has/had an interest).

Cheers,

-- Thorsten