It was only a few days ago that the Serbian government returned a couple
of palaces in Belgrade to Crown Prince Alexander of Yugoslavia. Now the
flamboyant Serb nationalist leader, Vuk Draskovic, says Yugoslavia is
gone
and it time to return to a sovereign Serbia and restore its monarchy.
That
should be fine with Alexander whose family ruled Serbia before becoming
kings of Yugoslavia when that state was created after World War I. The
question is, will Mr Saxe-Coburgotski, prime minister designate of
Bulgaria,
retrieve his crown as King Simeon II before Alexander gets a crack at
restoring the Karageorgevich family's fortunes? Then, if Montenegro, as
it
threatens, reasserts its independence, separate from Yugoslavia, there's
an
architect in Paris, Nicolas Petrovich-Niegosh, who might be persuaded to
ascend the throne of his great-uncle, Nicholas I. He reigned until
Montenegro was annexed by Serbia in 1918.

What next? The return of the Elphbergs to the throne of Ruritania?

UPI http://www.vny.com/cf/News/upidetail.cfm?QID=203227

STOP NOVOM SVETSKOM PORETKU