STOP NATO: ¡NO PASARAN! - HTTP://WWW.STOPNATO.ORG.UK

--------------------------- ListBot Sponsor --------------------------
Start Your Own FREE Email List at http://www.listbot.com/links/joinlb

The URL for this article is http://emperors-clothes.com/milo/point1.htm
Send this article to a friend! www.tenc.net * [Emperor's Clothes]

Reichstag Fire Trial, the Sequel
by Jared Israel [4 July 2001]

"I just saw Milosevic. He told this criminal Western kangaroo court that he
doesn't recognize them. So I wish there was a lot more of those guys, like
Milosevic." -- Comment of a refugee from the U.S.-installed Taliban regime in
Afghanistan, presently residing in California, after watching President
Slobodan Milosevic tell off the NATO's "Tribunal" earlier today.

[This is article does not aim to present a literal transcript of President
Milosevic's confrontation with the Hague 'Tribunal.' A video is currently
viewable at
http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/cta/events01/world/eur/milosevic_trial/hague_03j

uly.ram ]

How is one to describe it?

The other day, Slobodan Milosevic, who has a genius for brevity, called it a
'genocidal circus.' Should the powers-that-be have allowed this confrontation
to be televised? On the one hand, a modest man, genuine, smart, accusing his
accusers; on the other hand, a sugary nightmare of Empire.

Now that Americans run the world, they like to wheel out a Brit sometimes for
effect ("they got class, you know") but it wasn't enough. At least two times
'Judge' Richard May, 'Chairman' of the 'Tribunal,' (in the New World
Unreality, one is driven to quotation marks...) was witnessed by 300 million
viewers cutting Slobodan Milosevic's microphone.

I'll say one thing for May: he's quick with the cutoff button. When Milosevic
finishes making a complete fool of him, he'll be much sought-after as a radio
Talk Show host.

To the glib unreality of CNN's standard coverage, with cameras at first
lingering on Stately Buildings and a reporter who talked like the guy who
narrated 'Lives of the Rich and Famous,' was added the faux-judicial
atmosphere of the Tribunal, which looks like a movie set designed by an ad
agency. What are they selling?

'Chairman' May was the perfect TV pitchman, delivering memorized lines with
what someone called "cut glass politeness". And of course, upper class
British. That sells in the colonies.

"You will be accorded the full rights of the accused, according to
international law, ' May promised Slobodan Milosevic plus hundreds of
millions of viewers as if we were fools, as if in this theme park of a court
room with its designer robes he was addressing a fellow actor instead of the
man who led his country ten years resisting Washington's attempt to destroy
it (during which Washington violated every known international law plus human
decency).

"The full protections of international law," intoned May. As if Milosevic had
not just been kidnapped and thrown in a cell, apparently without his heart
pills.

What are the rights of a kidnap victim under international law?

"These proceedings will be long and complex and you may wish to reconsider
whether you want to have counsel," cooed the false May.

The real Slobodan Milosevic answered, "I consider this tribunal false
tribunal and indictments false indictments. It is illegal, not being
appointed by UN general assembly so I have no need to appoint council to
illegal organ."

May frowned. He explained to the three hundred million that of course this
unwise decision to decline counsel could be reversed anytime because NATO's
court was entirely fair minded and now would or would not Mr. Milosevic care
to exercise his inalienable right to hear the lies fabricated against him?

"That's your problem," said Milosevic.

May looked pained, meaning, 'Now do you see why we dropped uranium-encased
bombs on them?'

"What is your plea?"

Answered Milosevic: "This Tribunal aims to produce false justification for
the war crimes of NATO committed in Yugoslavia."

"I asked you a question," said May, reminding the world that: 'The
International Community's patience is not infinite.' As if the world didn't
already know.

"I have given you my answer," replied Milosevic. "Furthermore, this so-called
Tribunal - - "

May hit the mike-cut button. "The rules state that if an accused fail to
enter a plea then the trial chamber will enter a plea of not guilty on his
behalf."

Milosevic replied, speaking in Serbo-Croatian. "As I have said, the aim of
this tribunal is to justify the crimes committed in Yugoslavia. That is why
this is a false tribunal, and illegitimate -"

The translator hesitated a moment. "I am sorry," she said. "The mike is not
on."

One almost expected a Director to interrupt, crying: "CUT! CUT! Mr.
Milosevic, if it is not too too much trouble could I ask you to kindly stick
to your lines? Now let us try again, shall we? 'NATO Shows The World It Isn't
Just A Bunch Of Nazis With A Smiling Face,' Take Two!" ***

PARTING THOUGHT

Do you recall that two days ago the "Telegraph" (and other papers) assured us
that Milosevic's legal strategy would be to say, "Sure I committed war
crimes, but Western leaders helped me do it." And remember that I said they
were making the whole thing up? ( See:
http://emperors-clothes.com/analysis/dis.htm)

Well, next time you read some article where Milosevic or someone else
opposing Washington is reported saying or doing something which it would
REALLY help Washington for him or her to say or do, and you in your kindness
of heart start to think, "There must be SOME truth to this - they couldn't
just make the whole thing up," just recall the difference between what they
told us Milosevic was going to say and what he in fact said.

Yes, Virginia, they CAN AND DO make the whole thing up!

- J. I.

***

Further Reading:

1) For pictures of the massive demonstration in Belgrade the day after
Milsoevic was kidnapped, see "YUGOSLAVIA RESISTS!" at
http://emperors-clothes.com/petition/j29.htm

2) Concerning the role of Vojislav Kostunica in Milosevic's kidnapping, see
"THE TREASON OF VOJISLAV KOSTUNICA" at
http://emperors-clothes.com/analysis/treas.htm

3) To read a viewpoint not found in the media's descriptions of what Mr.
Milosevic has supposedly said, you might want to read some actual words.
Must-reading: "Milosevich 1989 Speech in Kosovo" at
http://emperors-clothes.com/articles/jared/milosaid.html

4) In case you had any doubts, technical problems were not the reason
President Milosevic went silent two or three times during the confrontation.
As the following excerpt makes clear, he was cut off. Consider that. This was
supposedly a Tribunal of high intent, following all the rules of law, as Mr.
May informed us more than once. But what is the reality? The 'Tribunal' is
sponsored and controlled by NATO, especially Washington. NATO committed
massive war crimes against Yugoslavia. NATO sponsored and is continuing to
sponsor terrorists and fascist-secessionists throughout the area. And NATO's
agents in Yugoslavia, Mr. Djindjic and Mr. Kostunica, first arrested Mr.
Milosevic and then kidnapped him out of their own jail and shipped him to The
Hague. It was to keep Milosevic from talking about those things that May cut
him off.

Agence France Presse July 3, 2001 Judge May cut off microphone to hush
Milosevic: ICTY spokesman

THE HAGUE, July 3

"Judge Richard May cut off the microphone used by Slobodan Milosevic to
interrupt him during the former Yugoslav president's dramatic appearance at
the UN war crimes tribunal on Tuesday, a spokesman for the court in The Hague
said.

"'It has happened before. The judge has a button on his desk that enables him
to cut off the sound,' spokesman Jim Landale told reporters.

"He was explaining what had initially appeared to be technical problems which
made Milosevic's remarks inaudible as he launched into an apparently prepared
speech challenging the legitimacy of the International Criminal Tribunal for
the former Yugoslavia (ICTY)."

***

URGENT APPEAL! 4 JULY

TO THOSE WHO HAVE DONATED TO OUR FUNDRAISING APPEAL - THANK YOU!

BUT EMPEROR'S CLOTHES STILL URGENTLY NEEDS HELP!

The George Soros Foundation does not fund Emperor's Clothes. Our only source
of money is people like you. All contributions help.

Our work has expanded but our income has not kept pace. We are now several
months behind on long distance and international phone bills, and other
expenses as well.

All but local service has been turned off.

We have other big bills too, including for Lexis, our key research tool, and
we are presently too strapped for cash to pay for things we need, such as a
good laptop computer and some graphics software.

We use long distance and overseas calls for interviews (if we need a
translator, this involves a three-way call) to consult with writers, to check
the accuracy of information and sometimes to discuss articles being
translated. We also use international calls to help write and edit articles
for media besides Emperor's Clothes.

Using international long distance, we were able to stay in constant touch
with the unarmed witnesses guarding Mr. Miloshevich's house when it was
attacked March 28th and 29th. That is why you could read accurate news on
Emperor's Clothes - the only honest reports available anywhere.

After the attack, by using international phone calls we were able to talk
directly with people involved in the negotiations between Mr. Miloshevich and
the current Serbian authorities. So we knew first hand that the 'NY Times'
report that Mr. Miloshevich was suicidal during the talks was a lie.

Because we need to use the phone so much, our bills are well over a thousand
dollars a month. Now our long distance and international service has been
turned off because we owe almost $5000. We are in danger of losing phone
service altogether. In addition, we owe over $1500 to Lexis, a key research
tool, which allows us to check the accuracy of newspaper excerpts and quotes
over the past 20 years.

If everyone who cares about Emperor's Clothes chips in, we'll be out of
trouble in no time.

If everyone chips in - $20, $50, $100 or $1000 - we'll be out of danger in no
time.

Here's how you can help...

1 - The easiest and most reliable way - Call us any time at (USA)
617-916-1705 and we will take your credit card information over the phone.

2 - OR use our secure server at
http://emperors-clothes.com/howyour.html#donate

3 - Or mail us a check - to Emperor's Clothes, P.O. Box 610-321, Newton, MA
02461-0321. (USA)

If you mail a donation or make one by secure server, please let us know by
email at [EMAIL PROTECTED], just to make sure we get it. Thanks!

Thank you for reading Emperor's Clothes.

To browse articles from the Website, click here.

www.tenc.net
[Emperor's Clothes]