Whenever you save an ACL from Windows Explorer, it will sort them
before sending them to the server: Deny ACEs before Allow ACEs.

Unless you have specific security constraints that require Deny
ACEs (which is unusual), don't use Deny ACEs.  Setup your ACLs
using only Allow ACEs.  Alternatively, design your ACLS with the
Deny ACEs first.

Alan