Thank you all for your help.

I am working on an application where I wish to hide all the internal details
from the end-user. Here is how I envision user-interaction will be:

1. From a list of volumes, select the volume to be shared (only one volume at a
time).
2. Enter the IQN of one or more (if clustered) initiators.
3. Optionally, from a list of IP interfaces for the local box, select the IP
address(es) to use for this mapping.

Given this, I am trying to understand the steps I need to take behind the
scenes.

1. For the selected volume, create a corresponding LU using "sbdadm create_lu."
2. Create a host group using "stmfadm create-hg"
3. Add the IQN of each initiator using "stmfadm add-hg-member"
4. Create a target group using "stmfadm create-tg"
5. Create a target using "itadm create-target." Add this target to the target
group using "stmfadm add-tg-member."
6. If the user specified IP address(es) to use, then create a target portal
group using "itadm create-tpg" and bind the target to this tpg using "itadm
modify-target -t."
7. Create a view using "stmfadm add-view" and add the target group, the host
group and the LUN to it.

Questions:
1. Are these steps correct or did I miss anything?
2. As a view can deal with only target groups and host groups, you have to
create a target group even if there is just one target. Likewise, you have to
crate a host group even if there is just one host. Is this correct?
3. Can a view have more than one LU? Or, for each LU, we are required to create
a new view even though the target group and the host group may match?
4. Can the same target group be reused by multiple views? Can the same host
group be reused by multiple views?
5. Finally, when would I ever have two targets in a target group?

Thank you once again for your help.

Regards,
Peter