Lev,

It appears with this issue and even your previous one w/ Stripersist
that something isn't set up right w.r.t. your class path / project.

Did you get the Stripersist stuff to work previously?

Do you have all of the other related jars included as well for your
project e.g. cos.jar?

You might want to also at least try 1.5.3 as that is the latest release
(just in case there is some other unrelated problem).

Do you see other jars in target/webapp/WEB-INF/lib?  You wouldn't happen
to be dropping the jars in there directly (I strongly doubt you are
doing this but some people have done this and have seen problems with
the IDE seeing the jars)?

Are you getting any compiler errors?  If not, what happens if you remove
the stripes-1.5.2.jar and rebuild?

I am personally using Maven, Eclipse and TestNG so our setups are very
different but hopefully answering some of the above will help resolve
this issue for you.

Good Luck,

--Nikolaos

Lev wrote:
> hi,
>
> when attempting to run a web application, i am getting the stack trace
> below. it complains: Unable to read TLD "META-INF/stripes.tld" from
> the stripes jar.
>
> i have the stripes-1.5.2.jar in my target/webapp/WEB-INF/lib/ and
> META-INF/stripes.tld does exist within this jar file.
>
> any ideas?
>
> thanks,
> lev
>
> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /index.jsp(9,0) Unable to read TLD
> "META-INF/stripes.tld" from JAR file
> "file:/home/kaplan/projects/stripes/code/MavenEmail36WebApp/target/MavenEmail36WebApp/WEB-INF/lib/stripes-1.5.2.jar":
> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Failed to load or instantiate
> TagExtraInfo class: net.sourceforge.stripes.tag.ErrorsTagExtraInfo
>
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jspError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:40)
>
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.dispatch(ErrorDispatcher.java:407)
>
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.jspError(ErrorDispatcher.java:88)
>
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.processIncludeDirective(Parser.java:343)
>       org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseIncludeDirective(Parser.java:376)
>       org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseDirective(Parser.java:484)
>       org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseElements(Parser.java:1439)
>       org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:137)
>
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParserController.doParse(ParserController.java:255)
>
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParserController.parse(ParserController.java:103)
>       org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateJava(Compiler.java:170)
>       org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:332)
>       org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:312)
>       org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:299)
>
> org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:586)
>
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:317)
>       org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:342)
>       org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:267)
>       javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
>
> org.netbeans.modules.web.monitor.server.MonitorFilter.doFilter(MonitorFilter.java:393)

Nikolaos Giannopoulos
Director, BrightMinds Software Inc.
e. nikol...@brightminds.org
w. www.brightminds.org