Lev,

I don't know JMesa and it isn't totally clear when you mention the
clicking of table buttons whether you are posting the form to the action
bean OR that JMesa is using Ajax calls to get the new table data... and
if its the latter then the request will require a web context... .

Also shouldn't your request be wrapped in a Stripes form tag so that you
can point to the action bean?

HTH,

--Nikolaos