Hi, Good news, it is working!

Clearly I missed some configuration in proguard before.
Keeping class names, fields and methods as entry points in my action beans
and extensions is all good!
I keep only setters in my action beans actually and I use HandlesEvent
annotation on the events - wonder whether it is worthwhile though.

So it's all good although the action resolver now has a problem with my
classes being packaged in a jar file in WEB-INF/lib. again only after the
obfuscation process. so I need to unzip it back into WEB-INF\classes.
Don't know yet what is happening there.

Regards
sbrejeon

PS: This is my config file for proguard built using the GUI:

-injars '..\build\WebRoot\WEB-INF\lib'
-outjars '..\build\WebRoot\WEB-INF\lib2'

-libraryjars 'D:\Java\jdk1.6.0_21_x86\jre\lib\rt.jar'
-libraryjars 'D:\Java\jdk1.6.0_21_x86\lib\tools.jar'
-libraryjars ..\lib\annotations-api.jar
-libraryjars ..\lib\el-api.jar
-libraryjars ..\lib\jasper.jar
-libraryjars ..\lib\jsp-api.jar
-libraryjars ..\lib\servlet-api.jar

-dontshrink
-dontoptimize
-useuniqueclassmembernames
-dontusemixedcaseclassnames
-keepattributes *Annotation*
-dontnote
-ignorewarnings

-keep class com.daesim.app.stripes.actions.** {
    <fields>;
    void set*(...);
}

-keep class com.daesim.app.stripes.extensions.** {
    <fields>;
    <methods>;
}

-keep class com.daesim.app.stripes.controller.** {
    <fields>;
    <methods>;
}

-keep class com.daesim.app.enums.** {
    <fields>;
    <methods>;
}

-keep class net.sourceforge.stripes.** {
    <fields>;
    <methods>;
}

-keep class org.apache.commons.logging.** {
    <fields>;
    <methods>;
}

-keep class org.apache.log4j.** {
    <fields>;
    <methods>;
}

# Keep names - Native method names. Keep all native class/method names.
-keepclasseswithmembers,allowshrinking class * {
    native <methods>;