I am trying to populate a hash map through an html form, with inputs looking
like this:

<input type="hidden" name="myHashMap['I'm a key with quotes']" value="value"
/>

Whenever I submit my form, if the key has a either a single or double quote
in it the value is never set. It's currently working for all other special
characters.

It's not an html encoding issue where an html attribute is getting cut off,
and I can see that it's being sent correctly in the form data when I look at
it in my browser's developer console. Does anyone have any ideas on what is
possibly going wrong?

-Eric