Hi Eduardo,

I took a look at it and apparently the fix for this is to make class
declaration of "AbstractActionBean" public.  So, "public abstract
AbstractActionBean".  I'm no expert on JVM internals, but for some reason,
the setContext() and getContext() methods are being flagged by the JVM
runtime as a "bridged" method when the abstract superclass is using the
default access modifier.  That causes Stripes to use an alternate path for
method resolution/binding.  Changing it to public fixes it.

It is possible that older versions of the JVM behaved differently and they
"fixed" it in later versions.  I ran this against JDK1.8.  So if someone is
running earlier versions of the JVM, it might behave differently.

Thanks.

-- Rick

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 3:02 PM, Eduardo Macarron <
eduardo.macar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Rick.
>
> No, it happens with latest 1.6.0 version.

>> Eduardo,
>>
>> Did this error happen running against the Stripes master branch?  If so,
>> Remi is probably going to have to look at it because he has made some
>> changes very recently to some of the core infrastructure.
>>
>> -- Rick
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 2:02 PM, Eduardo Macarron <
>> eduardo.macar...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Stripes users,
>>>
>>> Since the last upgrade JPetstore-6 is showing this annoying log:
>>>
>>> 21492 [http-bio-8080-exec-1] ERROR
>>> net.sourceforge.stripes.util.ReflectUtil  - Something has gone awry! I have
>>> a bridge to nowhere: public void
>>> org.mybatis.jpetstore.web.actions.CartActionBean.setContext(net.sourceforge.stripes.action.ActionBeanContext)
>>> 21529 [http-bio-8080-exec-1] ERROR