If the parameters are posted parameters are not being received by Stripes,
then something is hijacking the request before Stripes has a chance to
process them.  If only 1 out of 10 requests fail, then you are try to find
the commonality where those requests fail.

My guess is that there is a defect in your application in certain
circumstances where it is consuming the request before the ActionBean has a
chance to have the parameters bound to it.

I also use Stripes on Glassfish 4, so I am very confident that it works
well.  The only times I have encountered the situation you describe is when
I have a defect in an interceptor or Java filter which hijacks the request
before Stripes has a chance to perform binding.

Thanks.

-- Rick