I think Steve means that there should be another way to flag a particular
bug as 'patch pending' or something like that.

It makes the 'query for open bugs' easier, because don't waste your time
reading through a bug to find out that it has a patch waiting to be tested
and/or applied.

James Mitchell
Software Engineer/Struts Evangelist
http://www.open-tools.org

"If you were plowing a field, which would you rather use? Two strong oxen or
1024 chickens?"
- Seymour Cray (1925-1996), father of supercomputing