The other things with the prefix, is that it maps nicely with CMA security for the modules.
Ex: Only users in the Admin role can go to /admin/*.
etc.

.V

OT: pet peve: Since the struts example show login via code (the wrong way) Every Struts book, save Teds and FastTrack, shows the wrong way to login, not the right declarative way.

Ted Husted wrote:
Only if someone can figure out how to make it work with the current approach to organizng the modules =:0)

It's not that we don't ~want~ prefix matching to work with modules, it's that we don't know ~how~.
I'm sure that a future release may use a more sophisticated approach to routing the requests, but that might require more surgery that we can justify in a .# release.
If you using either prefix or suffix matching properly, you should be able to switch between them by just editing the struts-config. So, technically, it should not make any difference which you use until you're ready to use modules.

-Ted.