There was some discussion on struts-user about how to access java
constants from EL / JSTL.

My idea is to have init parameters in web.xml for ActionServlet of the
form

        <init-param>
            <param-name>taglib-constant</param-name>
            <param-value>[fully-qualified-class]</param-value>
      </init-param>

ActionServlet would then using forName load the class as a bean into the
application context under the either

        1) the fully qualified class name
        2) Global[BaseClassName]

If there is any interest I will implement.  I currently am getting
around this issue with a JSP include.

Let me know.

Edgar