On Wed, 16 Jan 2002, Paul Speed wrote:

> Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 14:53:20 -0500
> From: Paul Speed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: Struts Developers List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: DynaBean examples?
>

> "Craig R. McClanahan" wrote:
> [ snip ]
> >
> > Look for a check-in of DynaActionForm (so that you can define the
> > properties of form beans without having to create a Java clas for every
> > one) real soon now ...
> >
> > Craig
> >

> Does this mean that we'll be able to use things like HashMaps as our
> form data storage instead of having to build out a full class with
> sets/gets?

Yes., but as Ted points out you can do that already -- we extended
PropertyUtils a while back to support "mapped" properties, and DynaBeans
have equivalent support.

>  If so, that's awesome news.  I long ago got rid of
> presentation layer beans since everything is retrieved and set by
> property name anyway... just made using struts kind of difficult.
> Translation into business objects happens later down the pipeline and
> goes right from Map->Business object.

I'm debugging my DynaActionForm instance right now, which will make this a
standard capability of Struts without giving up the other things that
ActionForm does for you.