On Tue, 2 Apr 2002, Stephenson Tim wrote:

> and some others have been deliberately (and i believe wisely) excluded on
> grounds on breaking MVC (eg JSTL sql tags)

On this particular point, here's what I told the Struts BOF audience at
JavaOne:

    "Shame on you if you use the SQL tags in your
    presentation tier directly"

These tags exist because there are valid use cases (prototyping, quick
and dirty "guest book sized" apps, conversions of VB or Cold Fusion apps,
and so on).  But we Struts users know that none of those use cases match
up with creating scalable, maintainable, MVC-based designs.

All the rest of the JSTL tags are good stuff.