Martin Cooper wrote:
> One idea (that is perhaps even more kludgey :) would be to use some kind of
> token in the path that computeURL could substitute for, if it's present (and
> perhaps only if WEB-INF is found in the path). For example, the path I
> listed earlier might show up in the config file as:
>
>     /WEB-INF/modules/$MODULE$/pages/foo.jsp
>
> and computeURL would replace '$MODULE$' with 'module1'.

Something like that came up back during the smart forward discussions.

http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg04010.html

Modules aside, there seems to be some general use-cases for making
ActionForwards smart enough to help us generate the URI's we need. We
might be starting to ask too much of the ActionServlet and it might be
time to move things down a peg.

-- Ted Husted, Husted dot Com, Fairport NY US
-- Java Web Development with Struts
-- Tel: +1 585 737-3463
-- Web: http://husted.com/about/services