> One thing we do give up (I think) is the implicit nesting of form field
> names (specified in the "property" attribute) inside the variable name of
> the form bean itself.  I guess the same is true of the "with"-like
> facilities of the entire nested tag library.
>
> It will be interesting to see if we can come up with a way to keep this --
> perhaps by composing a compound expression on the fly.
>
> Craig

thought about it a little, and there doesn't seem to be an obvious fit
to pairing the evaluation to a complex bean structure ready for
BeanUtils without explicit handling. if it does happen it'll be a
concoction of our making rather than something that just slides in
there. think maybe the nested tags will become victim to the jstl. oh
well. in this regard I think the jstl is lacking a little power for use
with Struts. though I am bias, you can do some truly funky stuff with
Struts when its marked up with the nested tags. But they're hardly a
standard.

Lately been working on a project which has some interesting stuff.
I've taken a few parts a next step and I get the feeling it's towards
what I imagine Java Server Faces to turn out to be. Looks like a bright
future. If if could muster the energy for something open source in the
future, it'd be the JSF impl. Apache looking at taking on an impl
project?... Any chances of getting a backdoor of that spec?... :)

Arron.