Chip,

Thank you *very* much for your willingness to work towards extending the
existing Struts HTML tag library towards support for WML.

As I have stated on several occasions (see the mailing list archives for
details) I believe that the future of Struts includes the use of
JavaServer Faces technology for the view tier, in preference to the
existing Struts HTML library.  Among other things, JSF includes support
for the creation of alternative render kits (including one that supports
WML instead of HTML/4.01) for rendering the same component tree for a
given application.

With that in mind, I'd be happy to consider an enhancement library for WML
(as you describe) as a potential inclusion in the "contrib" directory" for
Struts -- however, I'm actively discouraging any future plans to innovate
on the basis of the proprietary (to Struts) HTMl based tag library for the
view tier of an overall MVC architecture.  Therefore, I'm goint to
discourage any such enhancements being added to the core of Struts after
1.1 (for 1.1 we are in feature freeze, so we wouldn't contemplate adding
something this big under any circumstances for the current release).

Craig McClanahan