From: Steve Raeburn [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2003 4:37 PM
To: Struts Developers List
Subject: RE: JSTL EL Validator rule: A better requiredif and validatewhen
using JSTL

Rick,

It certainly sounds interesting but I'd like to have a working example to
play with.

It would be nice if you could:
a. Create a small working example as a war and post in on a website for us
to take a look at.
b. Create an enhancement request in Bugzilla and add your proposed patches
there.

a. will make it easier to quickly review your suggestions without having to
worry about cutting and pasting code and getting things working.
b. will make it easier to add the code to CVS if we decide that's the way to
go.

That's just my personal opinion, but it would make me inclined to look at it
sooner.

Also, I do agree that it could not go into the core until we update the
Struts requirements to Servlet 2.3/JSP 1.2 (or later). I thinking along the
same lines as Rob's speculation - I do think that it might OK to make that
change sooner than Struts 2.0. Even my dodgy ISP has been running Tomcat 4
for a while so maybe it would be good to make a switch. 1.5 might be an
appropriate time to do that???

Steve