David Graham wrote:
IMO, Struts 2.x should attempt to get out of the taglib business
altogether.  Until then, we should just let the tags be and maintain
Struts 1.x as Servlet 2.2 minimum requirement.

+1

And along the way, we can start distancing the core distribution from the taglib distribution. The action/config packages and the taglib packages live on two different layers. One is controller and the other is view.

IMHO, the underlying architecture of Struts will be much more apparent once we make each of the tablibs (original, EL, and Faces) separate deliverables with their own release cycles.

Many Jakarta products have subproducts with their own CVS. Perhaps there should be a Struts taglib CVS where all three packages could live.