On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 08:01:35 -0600, Joe Germuska wrote:
> Actually, now that I read the generated HTML, I can see how this
> isn't actually a conflict -- the roles.xml blurb isn't actually
> saying that committers get to cast binding votes...  I'm not coming
> up with better verbiage, but one clarification would be to add some
> text later in the document under the PMC section specifically
> mentioning voting.
>
> Not a huge deal really, but clarity is a good thing.

Agreed. The point is that only the PMC Members have binding votes, and we should be
sure the posted text relects that.

I think in our case, like HTTPD, any active Committers will end up as PMC Members
anyway.

But, given our experience, I think the now-conventional two-step process will help
reduce the number of inactive PMC Members. It's not been uncommon for a new Struts
Committer to fall away after a few months.