Hi Wendy,
Have you managed to set the cookie in an Action (that knows what
tab it will forward to) and make the proper tab get highlighted?

If so, have you changed tabs.js javascript also?
Can you share your experience on this effort?

I am also trying to make the proper tab 'highlighted'.
In my case, I have 4 tabs and no sub-menus. Each tab has a form in it.
After submitting any form, if there is a validation error, none of the tabs
highlighted.
I would like the same tab (that the submitted form belongs to) get
highlighted
when a validation error is displayed.

I am looking in tabs.js  javascript, if I can make a small change
and make the tab get highlighted.

Any hints/suggestions/help is greatly appreciated.

Reddy Pingili