What is the code you're using to retrieve it - the same I'm using in my sample? If you set debugging on the navigator package (see sample app's log4j.properties for details), you can see if the menu started OK.

I'm leaving on a jet plane in an hour and might be offline for a couple of days - sorry I can't be of more help.

Matt