I'll answer the API question since it's a quick one and I don't have
time to look at your files right now.

The Javadocs for Struts Menu (as well as cross-linked source code can be
found at http://struts-menu.sf.net) under Project Reports.

http://struts-menu.sourceforge.net/apidocs/index.html
http://struts-menu.sourceforge.net/xref/index.html

Matt