My experience :
Make sure the "xxxxxx" in your example is a name not containing illegal characters.
The xxxxx expands to a javascript variable and for instance having a underscore in it, results in a javascript error.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I am getting a java script error when I use the following menu. I keep getting an Invalid Character error on the # when I go to run the page. I have used all the default settings. Has anybody seen this and know how to fix it.

<menu:useMenuDisplayer name="Velocity"
                config="/templates/coolmenus.html"
                bundle="org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE">
                <script type="text/javascript">
                <!--
                    <menu:displayMenu name="xxxxxxx"/>
                    oCMenu.construct();
                // -->
                </script>

*_#_*displayMenu([EMAIL PROTECTED]

Frank Fry
Shaw Ind. Inc.
Systems Engineer_
706-275-5290
Customer Service / Distribution Programming

Privileged and/or confidential information may be contained in this message. If you
are not the addressee indicated in this message (or are not responsible for delivery
of this message to that person) , you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone.
In such case, you should destroy this message and notify the sender by reply e-mail.
If you or your employer do not consent to Internet e-mail for messages of this kind,
please advise the sender.
Shaw Industries does not provide or endorse any opinions, conclusions or other
information in this message that do not relate to the official business of the company
 or its subsidiaries.

Best regards,

Koen Maes
Domainnames Belgium

www.domainnames.be
www.domeinnamen.be

-- This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content, and is believed to be clean.