First of all, I recently switched to Spring MVC/WebFlow, I am a total
noob at Struts-Menu and Velocity, and even though I used to code a lot
in Struts I have done little web development over the last 3 years.  So
I apologize for dumb questions.

After successfully building and deploying the example app with
Eclipse/Java6/Tomcat 6, I am trying to incorporate the Velocity Tabbed
Menu example (and later the NiceTabs) into a Spring MVC/WebFlow app
where the JSP's are stored in /WEB-INF/jsp.  I am using the latest
version of the required libraries.

I copied all the code to the right places, got the libraries (except
hsqldb, junit, log4j and struts since they seemed unnecessary), did the
necessary Spring things, and the following happens:

1) When I load my home page - which does not yet use the tabbed menu - I
get the SEVERE error
"org.apache.velocity.exception.ResourceNotFoundException: Unable to find
resource 'menuMacros.vm'", which seems to come from Velocity
initialization.

2) When I go to velocity-tabs.jsp, I get a bunch of "unhandled type"
messages right after the debug message "INFO: Velocimacro : added
#menuItem( menu level ) : source = /templates/tabs.html"

3) Just before that message I get the error: "SEVERE: Can't find bundle
for base name org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE, locale en_US", probably
because I'm not using struts.jar... but I thought I saw a note
indicating that it was no longer needed.  Perhaps some additional
configuration is needed?

Can someone point me in the right direction to fix these issues?

Thanks,

Bruno