From: James Childers [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 10:17 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: xhtml javascript WAS: html:text tags are slightly broken.

> I'm thinking about adding a boolean attribute to the
> javascript tag called xhtmlStrict.  If set to true,
> it would use a CDATA section; if false it wouldn't.
> The default would be false to allow maximum useability
> while still allowing you to conform to xhtml.
>
> Thoughts on the attribute name/idea in general are welcome.
>
> David

Well, if the only behavioral difference caused by the xhtmlStrict attribute
is to change the way the <javascript> section is displayed, I would change
the name to "javascriptCdata" or something similar. The name xhtmlStrict
indicates to me that there will be broader changes made to the generated
XHTML than just wrapping the script in CDATA.

Honestly, I'm wondering if there shouldn't be a <html:script> tag for cases
like this, which generates your <script> tags. I don't know what (if
anything) that might break. I imagine that this might cause problems with
the Validator, but I'm not entirely sure.

-= J