> From: Bender, James [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > I'm new to Struts and have searched without luck on this one:
> > I have an <html:text ...> that I'm simply trying to put a runtime
> > expression into, like
> > <% String rtexpr = "bob"; %>
> > And instead of interprestting the rtexprvalue "bob", it
> actually displays
> > the string "<%=rtexpr %>" as the value on the screen.  If I
> just type a
> > string into the value field, like this:

James, did you post this on struts-user yet?  Unless there's more to it
than I initially see, I think it belongs over there rather than the
developers list.
If I did it right, the reply-to is set there.

The usual way to do this is to populate the Form property in your Action
code, and then when you forward to the JSP containing the <html:text>
tag, Struts will render the HTML for the form element, including the
value.  Note that Struts automatically populates the form from the
request attributes when the user submits the form.  I'm not sure whether
you're trying to pre-populate, or to redisplay user input.

This assumes that you are forcing users to go through the Action (not
letting them go directly to the JSP).  More information will help us
here, I'm avoiding answering your actual question since you did say
you're new to Struts...

If you do find yourself needing to pull things out of the
request/session, the Struts-EL tags will be useful-- <html-el:text
property="searchType" value="${someVal}" />

--
Wendy Smoak
Application Systems Analyst, Sr.