Hi all,

     I might be posting this message in the wrong forum. My apologies if i
have offended anyone.

    I am looking for some open source code that deals with filtering
technology. Basically i want to filter any unwanted characters from the user
input data. The user might try to pass in some SQL quesries or try to run
some shell scripts or put special characters which might be rejected by a
database (or even corrupt it). If no such open source code is available then
i want to write something like that. I was wondering if anyone has done some
thing like this in the past and if so, can they share their experiences ?
Also is there any place i can search for some 'searching algorithms' which i
plan to use as the backbone of my filters that i plan to implement. Thank
you very much.....

p.s We are using struts bigtime to develop a huge internationalized project.
So far it didn't let us down.

cheers,
Amar..