On Fri, 18 May 2001, Chris Butler wrote:

> heya folks,
>
> been noticing some errors in our logs when people double-click
> on buttons and other struts-related html elements.  are there
> any issues with it being thread-safe?  is there something that
> i should be doing with my Actions?
>
> any tips or related info would be great.  i'm using the 1.0b1
> build and haven't used any builds post that date.

Your actions *definitely* must be programmed in a thread-safe manner,
because there will be only one instance per <action> element.  Therefore,
if two or more requests (from the same user or different users) for the
same action at once, you have the potential for conflicts.

The most important rule is to not use any instance variables in your
Actions to store per-user information (it's OK to use them for global
information that is shared across all users).

> Chris

Craig