Peter Alfors <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I don't think that you have control of when the frames are loading. The browser
> attempts to load both frames simultaneously. (Please correct me if I am wrong)
> Therefore, you would have to do something kinda funky (javascript) to instruct
> another frame to 'reload' after the current frame finishes.
> If you cannot gaurantee that your users have javascript enabled, you will
> probably want to avoid it.

Right. To be more concrete, in your first frame your tag could create
for example an 'onload'-handler, which updates your second frame with
an request to an action (probably with extra parameters appended).

However, I vote for Petes suggestion to put an action in front of your
frameset. This action could fetch all your data, put it into the
request and let your tags render the results. It seems to me always a
good idea to use action for bussines logic (e.g. database lookups) and
tags for visual rendering only (drop down list with the results from the
action).

cu...
--
                                                        ...roland huss