The documentation for the Early Release of CachedRowSets mentions that

"Because both a CachedRowSet object and its metadata can be created from
scratch, a component
that acts as a factory for rowsets can use this capability to create a
rowset containing data from
non-SQL data sources."

has anyone here tried this yet?

The idea being I would like to transfer incoming properties from an
ActionForm into a scratch RowSet, and use that as the value object.
(Perhaps within a wrapper or a facade so business logic methods can be
added.)

There will be expanded support for RowSets in 1.1, and I wanted to get
started on some support utilities / design patterns before looking at
what other modifications will be needed.

I put together a quick Iterate wrapper that works fine with a returned
RowSet, but also need to create a new RowSet from scratch to close the
loop. I guess the thing to try is to create a MetaDataRowSet object and
pass that to a new RowSet (instead of making the SQL call), and then see
if I can insert a row.

-- Tel 716 737-3463.
-- http://www.husted.com/about/struts/