Yes the javascript is being generated.  I think the problem is that I
used the validation.xml that comes with the latest release or your
validator and some of it appears to not be compatible with Netscape
version I am testing with.  Java script has the great benefit of failing
but not indicating where the problem is.

I stripped out all but the required and mask code and it works.

I can now go through function by funtion and see which one is
incompatible.

Is there any stratgy that would allow you to reference javascript that
is in a library so that we could use some of the current javascript
libraries we have today with out copying the code into the
validation.xml.

My next challenge is to get the generated validation to work with the
formatting javascript I currently have on the page.  This is currently
causing some issues.

Thanks for the help.

Scott Ryan
Developer
First Bank Data Corporation
Work: (303) 235-1485
Cell:    (303 263-3044

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 07/18/01 03:49PM >>>
Do you see any JavaScript being generated in the html?

David

--- Scott Ryan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have now converted to the latest version of the
> Validator and that
> caused the server side validation to start working
> but not the javascript client side doesn't work.  It
> goes straight to
> the server validation.  I double checked everything
> mentioned in the documentation and in the previous
> messages in this
> list and everything appears ok.  The only things
> I think I need is the onsubmit addition and the
> javascript validator
> tag.
>
> Any more suggestions.
>
> Scott
>
> Scott Ryan
> Developer
> First Bank Data Corporation
> Work: (303) 235-1485
> Cell:    (303 263-3044

> The JavaScript part shouldn't have anything to do
> with
> the server side other than it uses the same object
> in
> application scope.  Does the name attribute of your
> action (which matches the key the ActionForm is
> stored
> under) in the struts-config.xml the same as the form
> element's name attribute?
>
>     <action    path="/registration"

type="com.wintecinc.struts.example.validator.RegistrationAction"